The 2021 Iowa Annual Conference (IAC) Virtual Town Hall Meeting is set for Sunday, May 23, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. It will be held by Zoom Webinar. Lay and clergy members for the Town Hall will use the same login as the 2021 IAC Session, which will be emailed to you before the session. The Town Hall will be livestreamed and recorded for all local churches and members to watch and be informed. Information will be available soon on the Iowa Conference website, iaumc.org/ac2021
The purpose of the Town Hall is for boards, agencies, and committees to share important information about much of the 2021 Iowa Annual Conference Session legislation. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during the Town Hall, and representatives of the boards, agencies, and committees will be available to provide answers. If you view the Town Hall as a recording after the event, you may submit your questions by email to email@example.com
The Town Hall will include:
- Opening worship by members of the Iowa Annual Conference Antiracism Team
- Council on Finance and Administration (CF&A), including the financial condition of the Conference and the proposed working budget for 2022
- Board of Pensions, including the financial condition of the Board of Pensions and the 2022 Clergy/Family Health Insurance rates
- Bishop’s Operational Team’s Reimagining of the Conference Connectional Ministries Council (CCMC)
- Iowa Conference Justice for Our Neighbors Standing Committee on the recent merger of JFON with the American Friends Service Committee forming Iowa Migrant Movement for Justice (IMMJ)
- The Bishop’s Ezekiel Team
- Board of Camps and Retreat Ministries
- Conference Nominations Committee
- An update on the development of Circuit Ministry
All lay and clergy members of the 2021 IAC Session will receive an email that will contain the login information for the Town Hall one week before May 23. This will be the same login information members will use for the 2021 IAC Orientations, Clergy Session, and the Legislative Sessions.
The 2021 Pre-Conference Manual (PCM) will be available here on or before May 12.
If you have any questions about the May 23 Virtual Town Hall Meeting, please contact Rev. Dr. Harlan Gillespie at 515-974-8903 or firstname.lastname@example.org